About the Law Office of David J. Oliveira
Civil litigation is not a fistfight. It is a process in which education, experience, dedication, clear communication and integrity are more likely to bring a fair result than sheer misdirected aggression. Anyone can shout or argue; not everyone can persuade a jury in a complicated case. Anyone with a license to practice law can attempt to handle a trial; not everyone can set a standard of practice for new lawyers to follow.
David J. Oliveira has earned the respect and trust of fellow attorneys, who frequently call on him to appear as counsel in cases they originate. David is well respected in the legal community as an aggressive, dedicated and knowledgeable attorney. Lawyers know he will be thoroughly prepared for trial; persuasive in settlement negotiations; and capable of achieving full and fair value in the courtroom or in alternative dispute resolution such as mediation or arbitration.
Meet Our Team
The Law Office of David J. Oliveira concentrates on medical malpractice and other personal injury cases. To our firm, a client’s case is an expression of trust. We hope to repay that trust with dedication, hard work and professionalism.
Learn More About David
Learn More About Richard
We have a special interest in medical malpractice cases and claims, but we also handle serious personal injuries and wrongful death from other causes.
When medical mistakes are made, the patient and family need the best help they can get. A serious malpractice case can be complicated, emotional and costly; and there may be little chance of success without the help of an experienced lawyer who knows the law, understands the rules, and appreciates the anxiety and financial strain that clients must confront — first from the injury, and then from the battle with the defendants and their malpractice insurance carriers.
If you are trying to find a lawyer to help you through this difficult period, and to recover the fair compensation you deserve, there are a number of fine attorneys who might represent you. Some are more qualified than others. Some are more experienced. Some are simply a better fit. Before making a decision, include us in your consideration. You won’t be sorry that you did.
David and his staff have recovered millions of dollars for clients in medical malpractice and other cases in state and federal courts in Rhode Island and Massachusetts; and he has been specially admitted to represent clients in other states as well. He often handles malpractice cases as local or referral counsel at the request of Rhode Island or out-of-sate law firms requiring litigation expertise.
Our Practice Concentrations
When tragedy such as an unfortunate medical error results in serious injury or death, you can rely on our firm’s compassion, experience, and a record of success.
We concentrate on medical malpractice and personal injury cases:
- Diagnostic Malpractice: wrong diagnosis, misdiagnosis, late diagnosis, failure to diagnose
- Surgical Malpractice: wrong site or organ, botched or incomplete surgery, nerve damage
- Hospital / Nursing Home Neglect: bed sores, falls, mistreatment, nutrition
- Drug / Prescription Malpractice: allergy, adverse side effects, medication interaction, failure to prescribe
- Laboratory or Medical Imagery: misreading results, mixing up, swapping or losing patient samples or slides
- Life Support: misplacing feeding tube, problems with oxygen supply or trache tube, alarm systems
- Contuity of Care: poor coordination of specialties; bad record-keeping; failure to obtain records or consult
- Spinal Cord Injury / SCI / paralysis
- Suicide / failure to intervene or commit
- Wrongful death from any cause